These days there has been sudden increase in email hacking and every day we are receiving many computers and laptops which are hacked and contains malicious programs on it. Recently there are few new hackers in market who are not very experienced but still can create enough trouble for you. These type of hackers are newbie but they are dangerous as they spend more time finding out information and try new methods of hacking. Also these hackers are either teenagers or someone unemployed. Email hacking is the easiest and most popular way of hacking any computer and because not every user is protected with right kind of security program there email often get hacked.
How to know my email is Hacked?
1. If you are not able to login to your email with same old password.
2. If your friends are receiving emails from your account asking for money.
3. If people in your contact list are receiving strange links and picture links.
4. After you login you find out there are no mails at all and all mails are deleted.
5. When you see strange emails in sent items which you never sent.
How does my email got hacked? What did I do?
1. Did you click on the link sent calming jobs, lottery confirm? See Picture.
2. Did you open any attachment claiming TT transfer Successful.
3. Did you download any software from unknown website recently?
4. Are you using same password on many websites?
5. Did you open link sent by friend to see pictures? may be his email is also hacked and he is unaware of it.
6. Did you receive email from your own email address asking to open link?
What to do once email is Hacked?
1. The most important step Change password immediately. Create a strong password and do not use your name or friends name which hacker can find from social networking websites.
2. If you cannot access your account then only option is to go for password recovery.
3. Once you login to your account change password reset setting and make sure hacker did not change your recovery email address.
4. Check if hacker has not created any settings to forward all emails to some other account.
5. Scan your computer with an Antivirus program and look for virus or spyware.
6. Uninstall any recently installed program from unknown source.
7. Install a firewall as this will not allow information to be sent to hacker.
Future Precautions -
Follow precautions suggested by us to make your online browsing and emailing safe. If you not sure about security of you computer then you can consult computer security experts at MacWin Technology - 64037272.
Our Blog >